Let the sewing space makeover begin!
I absolutely love, love, love the new color in my sewing space. The color is Topsail from Sherwin Williams. The painters applied 2 coats of Duration paint in a satin finish. It really brightens up the room.
Now, the fun part begins – rearranging things to better suit my needs. What you see in the picture above is the space after teaching a private lesson yesterday. The stuff under the cutting table won’t remain there permanently.
Changes so far:
(1) Moved steam press to a different electrical circuit, so I can use my iron while using steam press.
(2) Moved quilt rack between chairs in sitting area.
(3) Removed hanging rack and relocated spinning wheel near antique desk.
(4) Set up dedicated die-cut station (moved white Horn chest where spinning wheel was).
(5) Set up a dedicated “staging” area for projects in process (still figuring this one out).
(6) Figure out “side table” solution for machine quilting area. It needs to be moveable (thinking about a 2nd rolling cart in a different color that can store under the cutting table when not in use).
The rest of my changes are purely decorative – get a sewing machine print framed, recover seat cushion for secondary sewing space, new slipcovers for chairs and a small side table/beverage holder for sitting area.
Also need to order a new sewing machine insert for my Horn cabinet as It snapped in half when I lowered the machine using the lift. Something caught where I couldn’t see it. Whoops!
Decided to keep my existing sewing machine/cabinet for now. Not sure if I want a Juki straight stitch or a fancier machine. The fancier machine will require a cabinet with a larger opening than I currently have. Decisions! Decisions!