During our shelter-in-place, I listened to a number of audiobooks and podcasts. I kept notes of ideas that resonated with me in a small notebook. Here are some notes I wanted to keep in perpetuity.
Actions express priorities better than words ever will.
Learn to say no.
Health and personal connections need to be a higher priority (for me).
Staying sane in our chaotic world:
- Limit news consumption to 30 minutes per day (all sources)
- Daily meditation (Calm app is great)
- Exercise and get your daily does of Vitamin D (go outside)
- Connect with loved ones
- Get stuff done (keep a schedule/do projects that you’ve been putting off)
- Schedule things to look forward to.
#7 has been the hardest because I love to be on the go during summer break and there’s literally nowhere to go. All sewing events have been cancelled until the end of the year.